Tuesday, August 6, 2013

EVENT HORIZON


Directed by: Paul W.S Anderson
Released: 1997

Somehow, I missed ever seeing this movie.  It's one of those films where everyone I know has seen it, they all love it, and they all give me shit for never having watched it.  I've had no aversion to it, I just never got around to it until the other night.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  It was creepy enough (it's a movie about being trapped in space with some murderous force, of course it's creepy), had the right elements of suspense, not too many "jump moments", and just the right amount of gore (although I read about everything that had to be cut to get an R rating, I'd kill to see the original cut).  For some reason, and I think it was the acting, I got a "CUBE" vibe from it-- it may have also been the parts where they're crawling around inside the walls of the ship that look like they were ripped right from "CUBE".  The acting wasn't perfect, but I've seen far worse, especially in sci-fi/horror films.  I'd watch it again for sure.  7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment